May 18th, 2020
On May 12th the Maine Department of Health and Human Services announced that, if the CDC guidance for dental practice hadn’t been updated by Monday, May 18th, the department would defer to the American Dental Association and the Maine Dental Association’s guidance on that topic. Based on this, we are happy to announce we will be opening for regular dental care, starting Wednesday May 20th.
We have made a number of changes in our office based on the recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Maine Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Here are some changes you will notice when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Additionally, we will be taking your temperature when you arrive.
- We have had to adjust appointment times to both reduce congestion and to allow for additional time in each appointment for the required increased infection control measures. We appreciate your patience and flexibility with these changes.
- We will ask you to wear a mask to the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter and when you leave the office.
- We will be taking the temperature of all our staff and screening them for COVID symptoms on a daily basis.
- Our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- There are only five chairs in our waiting room to allow for social distancing. We have added two seats in our entry way to help make up for the reduced seating. If you feel more comfortable waiting in your car or outside for your appointment after you have checked in, you can give the ladies at the front desk your cell phone number to call once we are ready for you.
- Although we will do our best to stagger appointments to reduce congestion in the waiting room and checkout, some congestion cannot be avoided, and we ask that you respect social distancing guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Your Dental Team at Creative Dental Solutions